* I haven't shown the removal effort. There are other web sites, many, that show that.
Anyway, because of the peculiar set up, there was no easy way to buy ductwork. The duct was at right angles to the opening under the sink and fortunately almost aligned and not too ofset. So with a friendly help from a Master Plumber at Home Depot I constructed a new ductwork that fed the forced air to the register on the left. On the right hand side I added a support cross piece so that I could lay 2 pieces of the new base. For extra insurance, I added a bunch of insulation. The register is visible now and the orientation of the picture should be evident.