Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Remove Netflix User From Blu Ray Device or TV




Updated 12/26/2011: Procedure works on the following devices as reported by
visitors


Panasonic BD 65
Blu-Ray

Samsung BD-C6500
Blu-Ray

Panasonic BDT 210
Blu-Ray 3D

Panasonic BD-85
Blu-Ray

Panasonic TC-P50S30
Plasma TV

Wii -Need somebody to verify. Reading the web indicates that this procedure
will work on the Wii as well. But unsure.



Updated 10/13/2011




I had the situation where my son activated Netflix to demonstrate how it works. But he left and I tried to activate with a new Netflix account and it did not permit me. I always got the red banner with a white screen below.
Here's how the Netflix person told me how to fix it and it works. I had called Panasonic and they said call Netflix.
A really nice lady helped me.
So what you do is follow this "sequence"
Press the up arrow 2 times
Then the down arrow 2 times
And now the left arrow 1 time, followed by the right arrow 1 time.
And, repeat , left 1 time, right 1 time
Finally, up arrow 4 times.
Wait a while, power it down, go back to the Netflix page and see if shows you a deactivation page which is self explanatory.
If it didn't work first, try again . It worked for me.

Updated 11/20/2011: This below comment from a visitor is very well written. If you follow his instructions to the letter it should work just fine:
"Quoting this because it worked the EXACT same way for me, including pressing OK to exit: I have a Panasonic BD65. You have to enter this sequence(above) after entering the netflix application but before it loads the instant queue. I entered the sequence while it was showing the spinning circle saying it was getting the instant queue. It then shows some account information and has an option to select for deactivating. The screen then just sat there saying deactivating until I hit the remote ok button - this exited Netflix and took me back the Viera Cast screen".

Updated 10/20/2011: Your comments are appreciated. It would be great if you also provided the name of the device for which you applied the procedure.
I want to make a table of those for which it works so people can easily scan it.

Updated 10/13/2011:I'm getting a lot of hits per the statistics, over 24 per day! Please leave a comment such as "it worked", "it failed".

Updated 9/13/2011: There are some great comments / usage tips from people who found this useful. If my procedure doesn't work for you, please review the comments.
I'm also getting the feeling that this procedure works with other Blu Ray players, (one post), but I don't have the ability to test them.

I publish all comments unless they are inappropriate
Fixingthingsguy

31 comments:

  1. Thanks! I didn't believe it would work, but it did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In case anyone has the problem I just had ... If a previously used Netflix account (in which you no longer have access to, i.e. belonged to an ex-boyfriend) is on HOLD due to Netflix account payment not being made, you must do the following. Go to Blu-Ray HOME screen. Hold the fast-forward button on the Blu-Ray device for several seconds. You will then be prompted to answer a series of questions (i.e., language preference, country, etc.) and go through the disclaimer etc. until finally, you will receive a new activation code. I called Samsung for this help and it worked!

      Delete
  2. I just tried this on my BD player as well, and it worked great. But just out of curiosity, did anyone else feel like they were entering the Contra code for 30 lives?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, another user has. See comment under "deactivate..." in this blog. Its the same content as this blog, but I had to recreate this page because of blog page not being visible for some reason
      Thanks for taking the time to write.

      Delete
  3. WOW wow wow...you guys are amazing!!! it worked for me on the panasonic dmp bd65 just like you guys said...you wait for the que

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE YOU!! it worked perfectly to delete my daughters account from my Samsung BD-D5700 Blu ray!! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Initially I thought it was a bunch of hooie,(heck I still think it is) however, it worked on my Samsung BD5700, I don't understand how it worked but it did. Many Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Contra Code absolutely worked. Didn't think that it would but it did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hesitant at first but I tried it anyway, worked like a champ. Samsung BD-5500

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously thought it was the Contra code. Worked on my Samsung blu ray BD-5700

    ReplyDelete
  9. It worked for me too! Thank for you this post!! I honestly though this was a joke. I did the code and it worked!! I have a Panasonic bdt210

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this!! Worked for us too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Code worked for my Panasonic, but I had to wait until the Netflix app loaded completely to use the code successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At first, I took my time with the button but then I pressed them really fast and the screen popped up :) Thanks! I used an LG blu-ray disc player

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That actually worked, haha. I had to wait until the application loaded but then the deactivation screen came up no problem. Panasonic DMP-BDT220.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Works for Samsung Blu-ray player and Visio tv. Both times had to be at the screen showing the content then enter the sequences quickly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Worked fine. Thanks. Now need to know how to enter alphanumeric info on remote!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Worked for me!!!! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg thanks so much it worked yay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot believe that actually worked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Panasonic BDT220: Thanks guys! My husband had accidentally put in his account info on our new BluRay instead of mine and we got in a never-ending loop of it wanting his credit card number. There was no way to re-enter the information, but luckily this worked great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Worked for me on a Panasonic DMP-BD655K. I had to wait for the playlist to queue up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy cow it worked. My mom didn't want her netflix account anymore and it was stuck on that screen to restart membership. Did the code and a little box popped up asking if I wanted to start over. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. worked great ~ Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  24. Help! I have the same Panasonic you all have. I tried the code 7times rebooting every time. I tried before the que loads, after the que loads, and even before I open the app. I am completely computer illiterate so it stands to reason that I can't figure out how to remove my ex's account. Any advice would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It didn't work for me. I had to go through a full factory reset of the device.
    And this is how to access this hidden service menu fro the Blue Ray DVD Player:

    Note: this works on Panasonic DMP-BDT 220, DMP-BDT 320, and DMP-BDT 500 Blu-ray players. The procedure may be the same for other Panasonic models as well.
    1)Power off the player
    2) On the remote control, press and hold the following buttons at the same time for 5 seconds: [OK] [B ] [Y]
    “00 RET” will be displayed on the front panel
    3) Press the [Right] arrow button several times (should be 2 times) until “08 FIN” is displayed on the front panel
    4) Press and hold the “OK” button for 3 seconds.
    5) Wait about 10 seconds, then Power On the Blu-ray player
    You will now go though guided setup, and you’ll be asked for your Netflix username and password when you start that app. Please note that you will need to logon to all apps that you use on your Blu-ray player again, including your VIERA Connect password.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm need to know how to change Netflix account holders on my HT-C5500 samsung

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, I would like to know how do I change Netflix users on my HT-C5500 bluray please..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Did not work for my Panasonic. When do I actually start the sequence?

    ReplyDelete
  29. It worked on my Samsung blurry player! Thanks for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please provide
a)device/model number/manufacturer
b)your comments.
These will help other people as I have no way to test
all the types.
Thank you.